Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesday highlights

Washing dishes today, I noticed that we had dirtied (and I was washing) all 7 hotel pan lids that the farm possesses. Seven lids, new record! I got a little bit geeked about this, thought about posting a blog, and realized that this is why I never post blogs. Inane. Hey readers out there in readerland, today at lunch we used seven lids! Also, your hardworking farm crew put away 98 burritos today. Way to go, team!

In other news, I just cut into my first winter squash of the year. Heavenly. I love that smell. It reminds me of jack-o-lanterns. Tonight for dinner I am making the roasted corn pudding in squash recipe from Heidi Swanson's recipe blog, 101 cookbooks. It looks like it will be pretty awesome.

The farm continues to be busy. Always busy busy busy. Fall is elbowing its way in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a great post! Just in pointing out the seeming inanity of blogging, you managed to erase any that might have existed. And we are interested in knowing about the seven lids. And even more excited that you like 101 cookbooks--our absolute favorite cooking blog! Thanks.