Friday, April 8, 2011

Chef Bonita

I arrived at Harmony Valley Farm just one week ago and already I have been pleasantly involved in the Farm. I will be cooking lunch for the busy farm crew. I awake each morning to the roosters crowing and the baby kids bleating for their Moms. I look out my window and can't help but smile as the baby goats scamper up, over and around their Moms. Monday will be day one for crew lunch and I am serving Goulash, Spinach salad, and Garlic biscuits. The rest of the week goes like this: Tues.- Spicy Black Bean Chili with Pork, Cornbread Muffins, and Applesauce; Wed.-Stuffed Peppers, Mashed Parsnips and Turnips, Pickled onions, Date Cookie Bars; Thurs.-Rhubarb Lentil soup, Vegetable Foccacia, Fresh fruit; and Fri.-Oxtail Stew, Brown Rice, Roasted Root Vegetables, Chocolate Chip Cookies. I will have to let you know how the crew responds to the menu.

3 comments:

Chef Bonita Woods said...

Hello to Chef Bonita! I am also Chef Bonita and it looks like our culinary styles are kindred. I would love to get acquainted. You can check me out at www.BonitaWoods.org

Anonymous said...

Can you share a recipe for jerusalem artichokes please. Something easy for a first timer. Thanks.

terri k said...

You can prepare sunchokes (aka Jerusalem artichokes) any way you might prepare a potato: fried, boiled/steamed & mashed, in soups & stews.

Check out our recipe archive online & search by ingredient:
http://www.harmonyvalleyfarm.com/recipes/recipes.php

And our Sunchoke info sheet:
http://www.harmonyvalleyfarm.com/recipes/sunchoke.pdf